Insta-Stories

Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Transformation in Christ

There have been many changes in my life which I give complete credit to Christ. No matter how different, how difficult and how little by little the changes is made obvious to many, I know that the Lord has been preparing me for years, for this. And I'm utterly grateful, that despite everything that has occurred in my life, I stay in His midst. Despite all my iniquities, I am welcomed, blessed and given the grace to be made worthy to serve Him.


So far, the learning points of my life still make up the wounds that are seemingly still fresh. That no matter how much I try to assure myself how strong I am, I falter at near proximity of sin.


I fall at near proximity of recounting and recalling the things I've done, and the things that I've failed to do in the past. For my grandmother, for the rest of my family, for my relationships, and friendships. I do my best to secure a place of serenity by keeping busy. 


But it's when I enter the Holy Day that I recount all my failures in trying to establish good relationships. I learn from my past to ensure I don't put down my armour, that I don't trade my views, my faith, my family for anyone. Yes, suffer but be happy and gracious to take on suffering, just as Christ did.


We humans are not God, neither can we even try our best to be. For no matter how good we are, we are never even going to be close to Him until we realize that love is what will keep Our Father who art in Heaven assured that we are worthy to be His Children.


Christ came to summarize the 10 Commandments to 2 set of powerful (and very difficult) commandment to sum up the latter:


 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”


To love one another doesn't just proceed from superficial actions, words, deeds. For God sees what's in the heart. Even though we say good words to our brothers and sisters, we sin too when we don't love them from our hearts. Sure, there are difficult people we encounter, however the judging is done by Christ, and not us.

I lead the view, "Bless those who blesses you, and pray for those who curses you". It's a difficult and bitter medicine to take in. If there is one thing I don't think I can ever remove from me, it's the need to complain, whether or not I mean it by heart. Most of the time, I just need to share my complaints to someone, to make someone understand why I'm feeling like this, and to make sense why exactly do I feel as such.

The love of Christ is exercise the more I accept insults, curses, blames and criticism, graciously. However, being a normal human being, it's VERY VERY VERY difficult. Only through His Grace are we able to reflect the lives of the Saints, we Catholics honour and hopes to live by. But the moment He lets you be showered with Fortitude, you will be taken aback. Yes, you will instinctively react according to your human nature, however it's His Grace that will enable you to fight against your own human nature.

It takes a lot for me to call unto Him straight before going for the KILL.

Nevertheless, whatever happens, it's not the perfection we have that glorifies Him. It's the constant tries and number of ways and means we try to get up from our fall. For we are made in sin and so in sin do we live by. But in Christ, we denounce sin. And as we denounce sin every moment of our time, we acknowledge that we are weak on our own, yet always and forever strong in Christ.

Continue to get up after each fall. Keep away from where you feel you will sin. Always choose Him above all else and you will realize that whatever and wherever He leads you, it's the right path... the ONLY path to real happiness.

Have a wonderful time ahead! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment