Insta-Stories

Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

God spoke to me!

Mark 1:14-20

After John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee and began preaching the Good News of God. He said, "The time has come; the kingdom of God is at hand. Change your ways as believe the Good News."

As Jesus was walking along the shore of Lake Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Ndeew casting a net in the lake for they were fishermen. And Jesus said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fish for people." At once, they left their nets and followed him. Jesus went a little farther on and saw James and John, the son of Zebedee; they were in their boat mending their nets. Immediately, Jesus called them and they followed him, leaving their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men.

Sermon highlight:

To immediately leave everything behind to follow Jesus is ideal; in reality, our following of Jesus happens in stages. We receive the call, we follow, and yet we also return to our former way of life. Then, the call comes again and once again we respond to follow Jesus is not something we do once and for all, but ab on-going process, life our life. Following of Jesus is not static. It is not a goal but a process.

This sermon highlight made me cry for it has totally spoken to me. And it is only in my heart did I sound my doubts and fears in what if I stray back to my old ways, of frivolous enjoyment - drinking, smoking, night life and forget Him.

As of, my weekends hold great happenings in the social sphere, but I'm always afraid what might happen to my religious life, will I lose God's calling.

And so with this, I totally understood that God doesn't hinder me. He is the premium addition to a much controlled enjoyment.

Thank God. I was not worthy of His message, comfort and love, but He heals me when my burdens grow heavy. He heals me and I'm able to receive Him.

Amen.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment