Insta-Stories

Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year Goals

I did not set resolutions this year.

However, I did set goals in mind that I categorized into 3 prayer intentions for the year.

So whatever is needed for me to do my part for the 3 prayer intentions to be heard by God, I will do it.

I've always believe in the age-old saying "Do your best, God will do the rest", therefore, it has formed my motivation to really just do whatever I can and trust that God will look upon me with favor, granting me my heart's desires.

Isn't it the same, you say? Perhaps so, but resolutions are like to-do lists of the year. And as normally with to-do lists with many line items, we eventually only end up doing 1 or 2 that does not require too much effort.

Recycled Resolutions
I think I've spent many hours thinking of resolutions in the past years and having to recycle it again the following year. It didn't feel effective especially when it became more of a chore than anything that can shape my life, really.

Focus on the outcome
I've a theory that once I am able to envision the end-result, I most likely be able to achieve it. Whatever it is that takes me there, as long as it's not detrimental to my Spiritual, mental, emotional and physical well-being, that's the exact thing I need to do.

Learning to cast my plans to God
Trusting in God isn't writing a set of plans and just pushing it to God and telling Him to do it because we're His children and He's somehow obliged to. In fact, it's good to remind yourself that God is not in debt to us. It's Grace that He gives us our hearts' desires.

I have learnt that for my plans to be concrete, I need God to give me the green light. If God says that a line-item is not yet going to be fulfilled in 2014, I know that whatever work I've begun to do to attain the 3 prayer intentions will pay off in the coming years.

God's plan is the best plan
Ever planned your day only to find it turned upside down and you achieve something else that you didn't plan, which turns out to be much better when you reflected about it the next day? This is exactly why I need to remember that God's plan is always the best plan.

When I met Jeremy, my Charismatic prayer community's chairman, on the last Saturday of 2013, he said grace before we ate praying for us to remember always God's will and plan for us, rather than keep pushing for our own plans to be fulfilled.

His ways are not our ways.

I must remember that while planning is essential, it's always good to let God lead the way. He will always and only lead us to the best way possible.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment