Insta-Stories

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Resolutions

"What's your resolution for the year?", they've asked. I said "None". 

I haven't listed it down in writing, and I have not truly believed I fulfilled last year's. However, as I took stock of my 2012. I realized that I couldn't be more happier for whatever that has happened in 2012.

Everything is beautiful. In His time, at least.
No longer do I fret deep inside because I know, my King bids me well.

Slowly and ever readily, I hold steadfast to my faith in ways I can never imagine I could. I feel that even though a sinner, His love ever prevails and I am led in a sense of belonging, that anytime I falter or fall away from His grace, my conscience screams and it tells me that I cannot continue living in denial that I am unaffected when I commit a sin. This then guides me back to where He is.

It's very easy to fall away, and very difficult to maintain that spiritual advancement when all the time, I am tempted. It's frustrating and I am truly irritated at myself. Then today, as I went to church for a Holy Hour devotion, the words of Fr. Albert penetrated me. 

He was saying that sinners as we are, we cannot avoid falling down due to this. But despite our fallen nature, what's important is how quickly we seek to renew ourselves in the eyes of God, and how much we try not to fall again.

He then said that we need not worry about all things because we are God's children. And so now, I feel that it's a message for me. I appreciate such spiritual intervention in my life, before I end up condemning myself. 

This year 2013, a new year and a new hope. What are yours goals? If you haven't thought about it, think about it now and write it down. To share with you part of the message sent by the Charismatic community Chairman, Jeremy, through our Yahoo Group, I want to feature it here as a reminder that I felt moved by this, and hope to apply this for the rest of the year, too. 

Somehow, these words written is exactly what I have been feeling that I ought to be doing, he nipped it by the bud when he wrote this:

And I pray that all of you can join me in 2013 journey to
  1. Go where you've never been.
  2. Do what you've never done.
  3. Love more than you've ever loved.
  4. Be liberated from the things you hold too tightly.
  5. Trust the Lord in ways you never have before.
  6. And become more than you ever thought possible
Personally, I have goals that since at this post I'm laying down goals I'm adopting, I want to add whatever goals are in the back of my mind. 

I have said to myself to be of a humble heart and fighting spirit to do His will. To be frugal and to live at peace with myself.

Happy 2013 again! Lots of love! ~



No comments:

Post a Comment