Insta-Stories

Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Total Recall with LiveLaughLove & more!


Watched Total Recall earlier with the LLL group and some wild card addition, Mario and auntie Rennie's friend, Auntie Serene. Laura's siblings, the two Jonathans' also came to join us. So in present from LLL, there's only me, Laura, Gloria and Auntie Rennie, with Kisho and Francis absent!

The movie was really good. The rating 3.5 / 5 does not do it justice! I was on my toes, attentive and interested in how everything went, even though most of the plot has been revealed through the trailer that I have seen.

Set in futuristic United Federation of Britain, where everything in this set of the world was complicated, from the transportation system, to the way of life and many more futuristic suggestion this movie contains. I couldn't imagine how it'd be like should Earth fall into great depression, global chemical or nuclear wars and devastate the world as we know it now. Bouncing back, we are then separated to two different powers struggling to dominate the colony, or whatever that's left of Earth.

Read more of the plot here

The entire futuristic vision of this movie amazes me, and I really feel that the characters are very well played by Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel.

I give this movie 4.5 / 5 stars.

After the movie, Karl & Keith left for home and shortly after upon reaching Wendy's, Mario left, not wanting to be the thorn amongst the roses. So it was Laura, Gloria, Aunties Rennie and Serene, and I catching up at Wendy's as we talked a lot about everything - life, future, religion, solar flare, angels, Bible and more.



We were there for more than 2hrs, and when it was time to go, we headed on still chatting about life and religion - Laura, Auntie Rennie and I. It was a really good conversation, such exchanges of thoughts, opinions, knowledge, beliefs and hopes.

Reached home and spent some time with Lolo watching replays of the Pinoy tele-series that we missed today. Besides, I didn't want to leave Lolo alone, who didn't feel sleepy yet.

Now, he's tucked in and I at this last few words bid adieu.
I'm off to bed for another long day tomorrow for cell, joining IGNITE! after such a long time.
Deacon Joseph will be giving a talk on Detachment from the World. Something that I am rather interested in hearing.

After cell, mass and then I hope to join for prayers of the rosary at Laura's Aunt's place as the Holy Family Shrine that makes rounds in Tampines homes, is currently placed there.

I want to end my day with a short quote:

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton


I am in search of the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment