Insta-Stories

Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

CNY Vacation

We got a week's break for Lunar New Year holiday from 2 Feb to 7 Feb. But of course it sucks when 2 days leave is taken from your 14 days entitlement, 2 days is weekends (that you're still entitled to) and since the official public holidays for lunar new year is 2 days, there's nothing really great out of it.

But nevertheless, instead of staying in town experiencing days of Ghost Town madness, I decided to head out to Batan Island, Indonesia. An hour away by sea from SG, to a whole different place one hour backwards time difference.

At first I wanted to head to Penang, Malaysia then decided against that due to the crazy potential traffic situation that CNY crowd will bring. A normal 10-hour coach ride might easily be extended to 15 hours travel time only. Thanks to my Malaysian friends and boss who has gone thru the experience, here I am now waiting for my ferry departure at Vivo City.

I've still two hours to burn before my boarding.

I'm happy that I finalized everything a planned. I'm meant to go! :-)

Within the coming days, I'll post a How-To travel notes to and around Batam, in Harbourbay district.

As of, I'm going to bid you adieu for now! Ciaos.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment