Insta-Stories

Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blabber of Midnight

It's 2.30AM.

Deliberately sleeping late as I have plans to avoid the matriach tomorrow morning, so I'm going to sleep in. I'm so tired of having to tolerate her constant passive agressive tactics of getting to my last nerve about jobs and its salary offer.

Sometimes, I hate having to be burdened by a tradition of breadwinners.

I dislike, yes, but I'm still proud of my roots because I'm a pro feminist and personally, I dislike having to seek financial aid from my partner.

I'm not a freak of a feminist. I appreciate feminism as it runs in my blood. But I realize that there is different types of feminist in my bloodline. And I realize I fit nowhere near the matriach's expectation.

Therefore, it seems that this is one conflict I can never hide nor run away from - at least not now. Let's just hope matriarch do not get in between me and my aspiration.

Sometimes, I feel matriarchs are not meant to be mothers. Sigh. Well, there are different mothers around in the world. But forever, daughters are and will always be in debt to their mother.

Sigh.

On a lighter note, Shenath and I have called a truce :)

And over a spring chicken!

YUM YUM!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment