Insta-Stories

Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sideline job and food galore!



Rushed down to Hilton Singapore for one-day-one-hour sideline Polaroid photography temp job. It's for the events company i'm still working for weekly during school day off.
I was paid a not-so-bad amount really.


Actually, i have asked silently to Him if a monetary opportunity can happen because i really need to pay off some thing. I truly thank God that something like this happened.


All i had to do was wait for the crowd to increase in number, get them snapped and just hand them their Polaroid takes. Really simple! Not much effort done, eventually the images do turn out pretty fine. I guess everyone actually enjoyed being photographed.


I spoke to the event's photographer, Nick, who shared with me how much is market pricing for photographers. I was really brought to realization at how low i was actually charging for my portfolio shoots. Then again, i find that i still needed more experience and practice. So in December when baby will be busy and "away" from leisure's reach (due to his further studies), i will busy myself with upgrading and increasing my knowledge in photography and graphic design. 


I haven't been in tune with these lately and i have hopes to ensure i stick to these passion :)




Baby met me at town today after his FYP meeting in school. We met up at Far East Plaza.
Memories gushed at me the moment i neared the mall, entered it and windowed shop.


Damn i missed my girls. The then bitchifive, who are always together, always greatly connected. Sigh


With that, along came the ache of not having been able to shop. It's like being a woman but not having your blessed parts of womanhood - quite alike for men who are but lacks the vital organs of what proves them men.
There are just some things students like me lack in doing now.


And the worst thing? I saw a pair of peep toe flat boots, canvas material at the first shoe shop at Far East Plaza B1. Going for only $29.90.




It's not even expensive, and yet i have to keep frugality in mind! (breathe... one, two, three)


Baby pointed out that the shoes might not be good enough a material. I agree.
Partly thinking of ways to feel better and partly because he might be right.


So, negativity out and hello food!


Baby suggested going to lucky plaza, pinoy cafeteria for dessert.
I opted for dinner too. Hungry!
So we had the items in the picture above.


We shared a 2-dish meal of Pastel Chicken and Beef (Apritada or maybe something else).
For dessert, we had Ube, Bread and butter, and Ube + casava cake.
Yum Yum.


Baby love pinoy dishes, and the dessert too. If you're in the mood to try something different, you can head down to Lucky Plaza, Orchard. Go up to fourth floor and turn left from the escalator, downwards you'll see Ayam Penyet restaurant. Just along that lane, further down the left, all the way to the end you'll see a very informal cafeteria.


Don't expect formal dining there.


Ask for budget meal costing $5
It includes rice, with two dishes and a can or bottle of drink of your choice.


If you're in the mood for cold dessert, i recommend Halo-Halo.
You'll never regret it. It's awesome! :)


It was nice spending time with baby but there were things on my mind still.
A part of which wonders if he's enjoying himself too, another part of which wonders if i can just let loose of thoughts.


~next food galore venue, Taj Lanka for sri lankan meals!
ive tasted some already, just can't wait for the formal introduction to baby's cultural food

No comments:

Post a Comment