Insta-Stories

Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

a night to forget, but cant


Last Wednesday - a night to forget.
Till now, i can't seem to do it. I can't forget, and i cant fully recall either.
That whatever memory of that night was thanks to my photographic mental ability.
...That i felt as if i was watching myself, that my soul was hovering around but not within my body
I can never explain what happened, and how what happened, happened at all.

I never thought i could actually let it happen to me, but know and trust this,
that despite the lacking evidence that i have been drugged, i know that this is not the usual "had too much to drink" conclusion.

It was Ladies' Night.

It was me and my boyfriend, we decided that it'll be us.
And that we said that we'll get wasted, and have fun.
Guess what? i did, but fun? not a long lived one.
Okay, i still cant find humor in it now despite the fact that somehow it is really one hell of an experience.

Photobucket

Photobucket


To steer to the story, let me from the time i was getting ready...

So they night was still young, i definitely wanted to look my best.
Not exactly tacky, but sexy enough :)
The plan was to meet by 8pm or so.
Eventually, we ended up meeting later, as usual... haha but it wasn't me who was late..
Anyway, my goal of looking good was fulfilled when he told me i looked sensational. Hehe

We traveled by bus and we reached Clarke Quay by roughly 930pm.
We deposited the wine bottle at kiosk and then made our way to ARENA, where we were supposedly going to go and party.
Managed to get in without the need to pay cover charge.
So males who wants to spend less on cover charge and more on booze, get an entry chop before 10pm aites!

We left the club as fast as we entered, and made our way to Gotham Penthouse, my usual club.
Thought it has been quite awhile since i saw it in full swing on the dance floor, nevertheless i remain loyal to it, coming in here and there to have a drink whenever it's possible.

Got Shenath in free as i was a member. The lady usher said i can still pull in 4 more guys if i wanted.
... and all the other's i knew already
... like on my birthday i can pull in 8 people for free and i can get 20% off a bottle and blah blah blah

Like at Arena, we did a small scan of the place to see that there were more people that day compared to the many other days that i always patronize the place at almost the same time... then we got out and headed to kiosk to commence with our alcohol consumption, starting with a Rosemount White Wine - 2 grades up from the normal Rosemount.
Got it from Bottles and Bottles located at B1 of Tampines 1.
i asked for fruity tasting white wine, and that has 'a kick' and yes i got it.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We stayed at the ellenborough market cafe kiosk for roughly 40 mins, gulping down as much of the wine in the fastest, most polite way, because Shenath's colleagues flocked us there.
I asked for a nice moment with the wine, but i didn't get it.
So much for wanting some small privacy before we commenced our night of getting wasted. sobs.

But at least we toasted on our 22nd Months of being together, and that we cheered on for many more years and months to come, as we always do, before the invasion of privacy happened.

I did my best to try to keep a straight, passive face or i'd really just get bitched up and asked to be alone.
Well, at least i didn't, else bf might get into trouble. haha
We are anyway, consuming a 'contraband item' from the kiosk. Lol

We headed down to Gotham.
Stayed there all through and chuck any club hopping.
So Shenath got a jug of whiskey and another one for free - yey for him i guess.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Later on Shenath got his colleague, Fahdly, to come after work.
Dance floor was really boring. No one was dancing anymore as the night grew.
Plus bf didn't want to leave the drinks alone so i guess i didn't go ahead to the dancefloor 'cause of that.

Photobucket

We were drinking and drinking, but slowly that is.

Photobucket




After awhile, Fadhly asked Shen to fetch him at the bridge.
So i was left alone for awhile, then i had to go to the ladies, so i told Victor, the bartender to watch my stuff just by the bar.
I passed by the Shenath and Fadhly when i was making my way to the toilet, and then later on realized that i was already going hazy.
I was just tipsy then.
But after the this, my vision was like that of the way how you would blink continuously.
The memory of the night was that of misty quality, mosaics that has been put together after a due time remembering everything.
I'm the type of drinker who has made it a habit to remember whatever was happening.

The rest of the whole night after i shaked hands with Fadhly for a official introduction, i told shenath i wanted to dance.
And then i 'poached' for a dance partner, when i knew Zara, her date and Ash won't be coming for awhile, and my bf and his friend are just by their drinks - boring! haha

Found this Malaysian Lady who was lingering the outskirt of the dancefloor.
Got her to dance with me, for only for awhile at first, but found her again later after i told bf i found someone to dance with. haha
Later on, i got a lot of other ladies and even guys to dance among each other.
By then i think Shenath and Fadhly has joined us, putting the drinks by the barricade of the dancefloor and the bar area.
I remembered 'floating' to the many group of ladies i made acquintance with.
I guess when i'm drunk i was generous with my compliments.
Oh then my ladies came after zirca and we danced the night through.

I have never seen Gotham in full swing over at the dance floor for a long time.
And i guess i was the cause of it that night.
But damn, this didn't last long.

By the time at around 1am+, i couldn't control myself anymore.
My soul seemed to have left me and the principles i have always held on to about staying sane despite the drunken state just completely vanished before my eyes - nasty.

I made a total mess at the Gotham toilet i loved so, with my puke.
Eventually it got scandalous when my ladies wasn't able to stay in because they were feeling squirmish with the amount of puke surging out of me.
So bf went inside the toilet, and then i think i threw up on him too.
Yeah i did, his shirt was gone... i was surprise he didnt join me to puke cos usually he's like me, i cant stand it when other people pukes in front of me.
After awhile, bf and my ladies where all trying to get me safe.
I keep screaming to 'take me home'



(found an explanation about the puking - wine and vodka will cause a reaction that will make you vomit and a bad hangover. but it don't say that wine and vodka will increase the rate of alcohol influence. so i still couldn't contradict the thought of being 'drugged')

Then later at a lounge i threw up again.
and i guess that was it. i didn't remember how we got out of the club, and all i knew was that i was walking past Tapas and then i collapsed at Hooters.
Later on after awhile, i heard a lot of other noises.
I was aware that the others called the ambulance. That i was being taken inside it and to the hospital.
I guess i was knocked out as i was sent to the hospital's A&E section.

Hours later i woke up puking.
Asking for nurse to help me. I knew i was asking for help cos i hate puking.
I hate the feeling and i hate the damn liquid gushing out of me and taking my life away with it.
I couldn't fall asleep after that cos i couldn't locate where shenath went to.
I was afraid that he has left me, that he continued with 'our' night, and that he didn't come or couldn't come to the hospital with me.
I was just half sobbing, half moaning and i wished that i could get out and find him.

Then i guess i fell asleep, then i felt someone touched me, and i sensed it was him.
Damn i felt so happy, like i was never happy before that.
I never felt so safe just to see him there.
He was telling me that he has been there for already 5 hours, just waiting at the waiting area.
And that the nurse has allowed him entry.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Then after awhile, even though i wanted him to be there, i told him to go home and don't wait, that i'll be fine cos i didn't want him to be there.
Didn't want him to see me like that, call it pride or humility, but i told him to go home.
But he didn't.
He didn't leave my side as soon as he found out that he could stay just there by me.
Later in the day he told me that 'i knew it was him who touched me even before i opened my eyes to see if it was.' awww 

I realized at that point that i was on drips, that i have been on drips, 'to wash out the alcohol'
So thank God for the drips
But then i was bleeding and my blood was rushing upwards slowly towards the drips.
After a bit, a nurse came to take it out. Tried to inject another one, but she gave up for some reason.

Later my doctor came, he was explaining to me what happened and what he did.
He said that he ran a random check if my blood was clear or it has any infection, but he didnt run any drug test on it because he thinks that i just had too much to drink.
Bf and i didn't think so though, we know i didn't drink that much too.
How all that night even happened, we didn't know, it was so weird, crazy, insane.
And he has seen me real drunk, and it wasn't to that extend and definitely not to that little amount of drink consumed.. so yeah still puzzling, but at least i was safe.

I told him to please help me wash out more of the alcohol and so i asked to be put on drips again.
He looked tortured actually.
He told me, i have such a small vein, he had a hard time inserting the needle.
wow for a small vein i sure did have sooo much blood
But he did it nevertheless, and then he was hitting my hands to get the veins to protrude, left one this time, cos the first insertion that ruined the drips with blood was already bruised up, adding to the second insertion that failed.

I think i slept for awhile.
And then breakfast came, and i hated it.
The milo was nasty! i couldn't eat anything actually.
Then maybe around 9am or so, i told the doctor i wanted to be discharged and so with the permission, i left.
Took cab back home and then had to face my parents...
bf told them i was admitted to the hospital you see.
yawns! so there he saw me getting nagged at, later saying that my parents a good tag team. haha

honestly, it was such an embarrassing night.
but i guess the biggest consolation ever was the fact that Shenath stayed through.
after hours of sleeping, i woke up and called him, to know he had already contacted my parents that he's coming over.
he brought for me chicken porridge and a nice cold bandung.
thanks honey, you're the best. love you

Oh and to nurul, sorry for your sleepless night.
Shenath just didn't know what to do, so he called you and whoever he thought needed to know! haha
well that's you, you're one of the 'blessed' one know. haha

And to those peeps who wished me well and all that, thank you.
this is still something i can't push aside.
i can't get over it actually...
but whatever it was, i know it's not the conclusion of too much to drink.



To those who wants to know just how much you alcohol you should consume. Basically to manage your alcohol intake.
Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment