Insta-Stories

Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

discouragement teaches all

Sometimes, life don't only consist of the positive aspect of life but also with negative aspect.
In regards to the many things that has been happening to yours truly lately, i guess i have so far learned that no matter how horrid things can get, eventually it all comes down to us to create a better view on what's happening in our lives.
Many times we never fail to wallow in self-pity and even before we put up our defences, we have already allowed these negativity to shoot us down.
Therefore, once in awhile we should always take a deep breathe and realise if the negative happening could be handled better than how we initially handled it.
Sure we could complain out loud and whine for a bit, but eventually, we are the only ones who really know if we can get over the problem.
Definitely, handling of problems are all case by case. Therefore, we cannot really apply the same way of solving one problem with the way we solve another.

Okay so of course i have some bad news that happened but i realised that i should be glad that at least i got to taste a moment of giving my best shot.
From last time, flowers fascinated me and even though my thoughts pertaning flowers changed due time, my fascination never really left me.
I always wanted to know how it felt like to work in a flower shop, and so i had.
For the two day trial that i went for and gave one of my best shot actually...
But i guess boss really have to think long term, i understand, cos she told me that she would prefer for at least 6months.
She gave me a try still, so i thought maybe yeah i can get it.
Usually, i get the job i want to do, always was and always did, until today.
I was confident i was going to do good, but not confident enough to actually clinch the job due to the duration she was asking for, so i guess i was already somehow prepared for the 'rejection' to happen.
However, the two-day work trial i underwent taught me that one should always give their best shot and be initiative enough to willingly help out.
When i went to work at Teasire today, i was already half expecting that i wont get the job fully, so i put what i 'learned' to good use.
I initiated cleaning up and doing restaurant chores and actually put my good standards to play despite the usually empty turn out of crowds on Sunday.

I guess i won over my 'sadness' when i was doing my best at some other things that i didn't actually like. and for some lucky moment, i got ang bao from boss! haha $20. not bad eh :)
So anyway, Weiling told me to think of a catch phrase for Teasire... wrote a lot of bull crap but eventually they liked...

Teasire - We're not just teas!
(well we arent. and people need to know that we have good food too!)
I spoke to my manager about the work issue too, and she actually told me that she might be able to let me work on weekdays since im free! :) and since i turned out to be her most loyal part-timer.... haha ;)
actually i like working at teasire, i just don't like having to stand outside like an idiot to promote the menu. if only they can change the entrance! it would be better... i really wont mind being the host if the entrance is near where i promote the menu.
so anyway, i have to go for now.
i need to sleep!!
good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment