Insta-Stories

Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Dilemma

I was reading the free morning news paper on the way to school.
It has a headline that made me think and assess the current twin disaster affected countries.
As you all may have heard/read/know/experienced, Asia was hid by a twin disaster of Earth and Water.
- Cyclone Nargis that hit Myanmar
- Earthquake that hit China

It seems rather shocking how two disasters can occur one after the other...
I was a passive listeners to these countries, i didn't grieve nor felt anything.
Until i read the papers today, i realize the magnitude of these disasters.
After a self disappointment, i continued to read on.

After which the subject the writer of mypaper put across to everyone came to me as a realization.
The content was about donations coming from Singapore to China seems to be more than that to Myanmar.

The issue?
MYANMAR IS THE POORER COUNTRY OF THE TWO AND THAT CHINA HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO SUPPORT HERSELF. ($3 trillion worth of funds)

So why are people giving more money to the wealthier one?
I felt disappointment at such biasness. That's what i felt and how i see the situation.
I criticize the action but within my 50 mins journey, i realize why these action happens.

Analogy:
I have two friends, A and B. I have forged a very strong bond with A as we have known each other since young. In Poly, i met B and we share the same interest and are close. We have a good term but we were only close in school. Then one day, both A and B had some personal problem that requires my help.
As humanly human that we humans can be, I was more affected when A undergo her problem.
Why?
Closeness and strong bond.


**Think of this way, what would you have done. If your best friend and your normal friend requires your help. Which one will you turn down if you cannot help both?

With this i leave you to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment