Insta-Stories

Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mum Turns 43

It's a good day on the 19 Jan when the family went for a mini staycation at Costa Sands @ Sentosa for mum's birthday celebration.




















We did a 2D1N short getaway there, bringing foods, fun and laughter. Spent the day at the BBQ pit, swimming and going down to the Siloso beach for a bit of a beach walk. In the evening through midnight, we spent time talking and drinking beer and a bottle of Glennfidich for some hard.

My favourite girls came by too, my bestfriend Nurul with her boyfriend, Hafiz and soul sister Laura with her mum, Aunt Rennie.

It was a particular great day spent, small celebration but truly wonderful day for mum.

My relationship with her has been a rocky hill of up and down battles growing up, but after many nights in tears and prayers, and series of dynamics changes as well as finally accepting each others' strengths and weakness, personality and quirks, we have established a good mother and daughter relationship.

Our salvaged relationship is a testimony of prayers and complete surrender to God. I cannot be more blessed to be a Catholic because as one, I learned to ask Mother Mary to pray for us. I learned to seek her when I didn't feel my mum acted like one. I learned to seek her in my storm to ask her to pray for my mum's change of heart for me, and I choose to see Mother Mary as my spiritual and surrogate mother at the times I needed one so I didn't focus on my mum's weaknesses.

I changed because of her intercession and I became a better person in doing my best to understand my mum. I truly believed that if I do not forge a good relationship with my mum, I cannot be a good mother to my children to come.

I am blessed to have my mum, truly. She's a strong woman with high standards and morals. She is damn stubborn and she can never listen to instructions. But she loves her children selflessly.

Through the changes I see in her, I experienced a change. I also grew to be the better person that I know I can be, looking inward first before looking at the nastiness I see. Then in a quick shift, I see that I'm putting my own pride before my love for her.

There are some lapses but it's more controlled now. Very quick fights and make ups. And that's all. She also said she saw a lot of change in me and I'm glad she sees the efforts I am doing.

Next year, I want to go on a travel adventure with her to Japan. If possible, with the family too. (Mentally adding this to my bucket list).

Having a hard relationship with your parents? Try these:

1) Pray, pray, pray
2) Look inward first and be sensitive to what is causing the negativity
3) Swallow your pride and be the first to forgive
4) Apologize for your deeds
5) Focus on love

I also recommend to look at Mother Mary. To ask her for her prayers to change the hearts of your mother, mother-in-law, or whoever you have a strife with. Let her intercede for you as she is definitely closer to her Son, Jesus and a good role model of faith in God.

You don't need to suffer in your relationship, you have someone up there ready to pray for you and change hearts. Ask them, believe, trust and claim it. Do it now.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment