Insta-Stories

Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Holiday Update 1

A month after my last post, I went to my country home to work for a week to make it in time for Lolo's birthday! And then to observe the Holy Week as well as to catch up with my family. It was a good long holiday for me.

Goldilocks Choco for Lolo!

He didn't know that I was going to come back to Phil for his birthday. All he knows was that I was going to get someone to deliver a cake and that he will have a small birthday celebration. I hid a day at my uncle's apartment before going to Villa Gloria. I was wearing a hat, and I entered thru the gate into the patio, then went to him with the cake extended towards him. He was not sure how to react at first, and then when he finally came to, he rose up from his chair and was so happy to see me. His reaction was priceless!

Nothing was planned, so later on he went to VG's senior citizen's corner to invite his fellow seniors. The party went through somehow despite the short notice. The plan of surprise was great, even though mum almost had a slip of a tongue when she gave them the 1st surprise of her presence the day before while I hide at my uncle's home.

Even seniors (not all of them are) know have to have fun

The day before, only the aunts and uncle know that I'm in Philippines. We planned for what to cook, and what drinks to buy as we went to SM Taytay for dinner at Inasal.

Sorry for the image quality, the staff seemed to have shaky hands

Dinner was good, the aunts and mum went to buy the necessities, I went with uncle to get what's necessary!

Generoso Brandy, Mardi Gras Tanduay Vodka, Novellinos Red Wine

The party ended later than expected, and we continue the Karaoke till the next morning! No one minded, since we only visit once awhile, and all the noise only happens during occasions. Besides, Lolo is the Public Relations Officer for home owners of Villa Gloria, so he's great with the neighbors.

The whole of the following week was mostly spent in Makati, at our branch office where I worked for a week supporting my Sales team via the internet, Facebook and IP phone. It went fine!

After which we started the Holy Week, where I witnessed a lot of processions and re-enactment of the Passion of Christ. In the provincial states, the real crucifixion doesn't happen.



My area doesn't have these re-enactment, what we do have is the procession of Saints involved in the Passion of Christ during the evening of Good Friday. It was a new experience for us all as one family.

Anyway, there are many other things I did during my trip which I will update in the next posts!

Toodles for now!

1 comment:

  1. good Book, you have got here.
    Mary Jean, where have you been,it's been almost 2 and half years. I have called countless times, and sent mails, but no response. pls get to me ASAP.. i have missed you.

    ReplyDelete