Insta-Stories

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chesterton said:

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found hard and left untried! More than any other, the exhortation to love one's enemies has been left untried"

Something to share with you from the homily that my Parish Priest gave last Sunday.

I feel it's true that Christianity takes more than just wanting salvation. Itself, I think it's how we accept the Lord's teaching in order to find salvation.

It begins by loving one another as Jesus loves us. There's many people in the world who refuse to accept him as the Savior, when from thousands of years before, His coming has been proclaimed, been written in scriptures and believed by many. But when He arrived, walked amongst us two thousand years ago, and his teaching proved to be hard to swallow, many decide to believe only what appealed and suited to them.

It's like picking at our food.

For me too, I find religion hard to swallow due to the many laws created by The Vatican. But the only way I can hope to be a good Christian is when I come to church with an empty cup, and learn from the authority set before us in a form of a brotherly Priest.

Constantly, Christians need to do their all to learn Christ's teaching, and accept his new set of commandments. And the greatest is Love.

When I think of loving one's enemy and not just our friends, I have always ensure never to bear grudges and make amends with anyone I stepped on. Or at least have peace at heart that I don't have hate in it.

But then Thomas came to mind. I tried to ask and study my conscience for any hate or anger I've kept. I spend my months last year removing hate of him but after just conveniently texting me that he has someone else when I told him I want to fight for him, it hurt me, i think, and it made me wonder now why I wasn't affected then is because I made myself deflect the hurt and accepting it, so thus it turned to hate.

It can't be possible I've stopped loving him, because it's impossible to stop loving someone so fast especially the time of years I spent with him. I don't think people actually stopped loving, it's just that they have conditioned themselves not to feel for the particular person.

Anyway, point is, I think I've to really examine myself for any hate because as long as I don't feel at peace if he hits my head even once in a blue moon, I will not be able to claim my place that I'm a good Christian.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment