Insta-Stories

Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally

I finally found the time!
Ever since school reopened, i can barely just sit and do a post, what with the uts, meetings, and more importantly the opening of Rickson's Kitchen in Simei - so that means WORK for me!
It is a good thing really, at least i have a source of income as the month-end comes forth, and that means more money in my account :)

And seeing the amount of hours i have been doing, i guess the income will be good.
The problem is keeping enough to have for play as most of the bucks goes to what me and shenath calls "donations" to telecom companies.
I'm really quite happy as my donations ought to be over in just a couple and a half month or so :)
Thank God!

So anyway, in school, nothing much has been happening except for school and the random skipping of classes.
Twice already in the semester i skipped classes (which is honestly still quite great) but because i enjoy my modules that's why i still feel a bit bumped that i have missed it.
I skipped due to lethargy and being unwell.
I just need to watch my health and all should be fine. Such a lousy health, i have.

Okay well earlier in my posts, i didnt really specify where i am working now.
Well, as per the above sentence, i let it out already :)

Photobucket

I'm working at Rickson's Kitchen as a counter staff which honestly is quite a tedious job and it takes a lot of getting use to. It is definitely a different environment from that at their branch in Thomson Plaza where i did my work training.
It's also a good way to kill time but as much as i like the thought of income flowing into my account, i kinda do dread to work such a long hours doing the selling over the counter.
But then again as Rickson said, "If you want to open your own business, you have to be prepared to stay in and about for the whole day in your shop. I have been standing for 15 years and i am still standing now."

It is a good motivation really, and he is right.
He is the type of a boss who achieved whatever he has now from all the sheer innovation and hardwork.
I guess somehow i need to adapt to that mode and who knows, i really might stop dreading long work hours.

So anyway, in Rickson's Kitchen, we sell peranakan kuehs, assorted kuehs, mr mango jellys, Portuguese egg tarts, shark's cartilage soup, yam paste etc :)
Those simple snacks really attract a lot of customers, and seeing from Rickson's rapport, he has already achieved many regulars, who are more happy to see that he has a permanent shop already instead of mere food roadshows.

It's not necessarily a hard job nor is it even relatively easy per se, so i really hope that i can get use to this work fast!

Lately, i have also attained something i really like. And usually i dont really go gugu-gaga over items but it's in one of my wishlist.
I guess if you really want it, and set you're mind to it, you will do whatever it takes to get it done! :)

Photobucket

And yes, i got my LG KS 360.
Though i really wanted to own the red version, they didn't have it.
But pink will do :) i do love the color too.
So naqiah, better get one soon! or u can settle for sidekick 2008 yeah? hehe
and Hanna, not that i didn't want to have the same color slider as yours, but it's cos i do love RED more. hee

A couple of days back, i met up with laura to do up my unlimited sms, so we have to fax in the copy of her ic and student card. See i got my line under her name, cos Starhub apparent counts my Maxmobile data plan as a mobile plan.

Stupid really. Nevertheless, everything's great :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment